Monday, May 20, 2013

time lurches forward


I think that wherever time is concerned there can be a unanimous decision on it moving too fast without us. We really can close our eyes for a second and reopen to an hour passing.
I think within the time I've been missing in action from iLowlife has blurred by so fast. It's unbelievable that the months I dreaded to pass have already gone.
I now think that time unknowingly passing is what living is all about. Though I still have no firm grasp on the concept, paying little to none attention on how much time has passed is a part of getting through everyday -- but I could be terribly misconceived, I did see The Great Gatsby yesterday.

It feels uh-mah-zhing to be writing to you all. I really don't want to again dwell on how much time has passed but rather on how much we will read about one another in the future. Slightly being hypocritical  I will go back to say that the past me cared too much on what happened seconds and the me now is in live with what is in the now. (Not making much sense, but flowing to me.)
The me now is the same iZaynab as before but, as noted in my January post (is it May already?), I'm now appreciate more and am aware of more. (It may be from all the Starbucks drinks I've had within this year.) I could elaborate on not much happening but that would be lying. In the time I have been missing I've: participated in a study tour that visited South Korea in late March (which I promise to share with you all), taken most of my college entrance exams, lost and gained many friends, pushed my physical limits with sleep deprivation in the name of studying, been accepted to programs (like the one this summer at USC and last year at CSU Chanel Islands and UCLA), grasped what I want to do in the future (future Psychiatrist, hello med school), and had a taste of living.

This is probably to much all at once, so I plan to slowly share big things that have happened while giving room for the present. As I adjust back to blogging bear with me.

Most importantly to note: I've finally changed the URL of this blog. 'iLowlife' has finally become 'hello zaynab'. Maybe not a world ending change  but significant. This change, hopefully, shows that I'm done associating myself as a lowlife and as a indiviual and let's cross fingers that my trill-ness remains without having to to type like this: "iSaw the Great Gatsby, and iShed sooooo many tears."

Other than this I have to mention the Great Gatsby. Like, the book was perfect and the movie made me just so emotional that I was constantly wiping tears. Not from the sadness of it all, oh god no. From how they stayed true to Fitzgerald made my heart ache. Recommend it to all.

Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgiastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter--tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther.... And one fine morning-- So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."


- Zaynab


PS# I hope everyone likes the new design. I thought, "Hey, new blog name should means new blog look." So that meant a new template as you see now, much is still under construction though. : )
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© hello zaynab. All rights reserved.